CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 12, 2008

Little Moments

So we were at the Back to School carnival last night and the kids were going bezerk. "MOM, I NEED TICKETS!!!!," their faces scrunched up in hopeful expectation. How did I get designated the ticket holder instead of escaping with Lizzy to the slides?? And then they run off with friends up the enormous inflatable toy to either slide down, run around in, or just hide from friends.
So I'm inevitably standing at the end of the ride watching expectantly for my kids to emerge holding a pair of sneakers and flip flops and it hits me that this was a moment. One of those moments that you are bored out of your mind, yet are so important to the core of what you are as a mom. Protecting, and watching, and waiting for your young. Hoping that everythig is okay while they're out of your sight, and saying silent prayers until you see them again. It was just a silly carnival but I couldn't stop from misting up thinking, "what if I wasn't able to say prayers for lizzie as she goes down her first big kid carnival ride?"
It seems like I can go for hours at a time without thinking about it and then BAM it hits me and I just lose it.
I know that I am experiencing these 2 weeks for a reason. Even if I don't have Breast Cancer. Now I know to some degree what thousands of women experience every day. Maybe its so I can gain empathy for those women, as well as giving me an opportunity to grow closer to the Lord.

My prayers are with all women struggling with this disease, may you fight the good fight, and come out victorious, whether it be on this side of the veil or the other.

0 comments: